No. 1032103845 official letter approved by President on Dec. 5th, 2014
Chung Shan Medical University Regulations for Expulsion and
Withdrawal from School
These articles are established in accordance with Chapter Two, Article Seven of the School Constitution of Chung Shan Medical University.
Students who are ordered to leave the University and students who are unable to attend courses due to special reasons or illness may apply for withdrawal from the University.
Students who pay tuitions and fee are under one of the following conditions will be ordered to apply withdrawal from the University:
- Students do not accord to stipulated regulations to take a health checkup.
- Students who fail to register or select courses as scheduled and fail to reach credit requirements according to stipulated regulations. (Delay graduated students are excluded.)
Once the withdrawal permission is granted, the University will notify the students in 2/3 of semester. The students shall complete the necessary procedures within two weeks as notified by the University, and the students will not have refund of fees and tuition.
Students under one of the following conditions may apply withdrawal from the University:
- Students who suffer from major illness (might not recover in three months) and hold medical certificate or admission note from Chung Shan Medical University Hospital. Students should have a recheck in Chung Shan Medical University Hospital when necessary. (Students who withdraw from the University due to major illness should summit recovery note when they apply resumption of study.)
- Students who encounter an unexpected and disruptive event, summit the certification from Township (City) Office, and granted by the University.
- Students who hold Low-income Household Statement from the social bureau. The statement obtained from the head of neighborhood is invalid.
- Oversea Chinese students who fail to complete the procedure to register before the deadline due to Arrival Procedures.
- Students who are conscripted and hold a copy of the conscription order.
- Students who have different career plan.
- Students who are pregnant, have recently given birth, and need to take care of a child under the age of three.
Students who apply for withdrawal from school must complete the procedures according to the regulations. The students shall summit required proof and obtain parental or guardian approval and permission of his/her mentor and department Chair. (Graduate students shall obtain permission of his/her advisor and dean of the graduate school.) Once the withdrawal permission is granted by President, the students shall hand out the application and have withdrawal stamp on student ID card to complete the procedures of withdrawal.
These articles are implemented after it is resolved in the Academic Affairs Meeting and in University Affairs Meeting and announced by President, and submitted to the Ministry of Education for record, so is the amendment.
The Chinese version of the document shall prevail in case of any discrepancy or inconsistency between Chinese version and its English translation.